Who's Online :: Stats :: Search :: Lost Password :: BbChat
Please read this thread about free boards being deleted.
If you cannot log in please check the date and time on your computer because that will prevent you from logging in properly.
Just a reminder that all customization questions will be moved to the BbHelper's CCT forum. This forum is only for Tech Support issues relating to your BbBoard or user account. If your topic appears to be missing, check the other forums in case it was moved there, or alternatively, merged with another thread on the same topic in this forum. If you believe you've encountered a bug, please read here before posting a bug report in the proper forum. If you start a new thread or post in someone else's, please be sure to click the "Notify" button after posting - that way you will know when replies are made to it. We are locking threads that are resolved so if you have a issue that you feel is unresolved that was posted in a locked thread, please begin a new one.
Thank you all for you BbSupport!
|Welcome, Register :: Log In|| |
|Users active in this forum: |
|Users active in this thread: |
The tou for new boards was slightly different when registering, but can't find it anymore-I used following part in our board's tou. As I recall it was different for variable vs fixed plans though.
No attempts to violate of any law (be it local, state, county, national or international law), infringe upon the rights (including, but not limited to, property, copyright and privacy rights) of anyone (including our customers, users, staff, and the general public), transmit any data that is illegal, abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, or invasive of anyone's privacy, contain pornography, or sexual material of any kind.
Thank you, Froggy.
|Quote: The ToU|
5) Administrator Conduct
If you are an administrator of a board, you agree to not
- design a message board to violate or solicit the violation of any law (be it local, state, county, national or international law)
- infringe upon the rights (including, but not limited to, property, copyright and privacy rights) of anyone (including our customers, users, staff, and the general public)
- transmit any data that is illegal, abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, or invasive of anyone's privacy,
- contain pornography, or sexual material of any kind if on the fixed plan (No adult content is permitted on the fixed plan)
- contain software viruses (Any code, files or programs designed to change, kill, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware)
- falsely claim or misrepresent your (or members of your message board's) affiliation with anyone
- interfere with message boards accessible through Best Boards
- uploading data which is not in the English language if on the fixed plan (None-English boards are not permitted with the fixed plan)
- removing, or attempting to remove, the popup adverts that occur on the fixed plan.
You, as the administrator of your message board, must be responsible for attempting to your utmost limits to ensure that none of the above content exists on your message board, and that no part of your message board violates this, or the user terms and conditions. You can report violations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to delete, edit, remove, control, or ban you and/or your message board(s) with no compensation or notice.
So then, things like language would fall under #3 (obscenity), correct? Are there any differences in what can or cannot be done if you have a variable plan?
a copy of the TOU is available here If this link doesn't work log out of your user name, click register at the top left of the board and the TOU can be found on the register page.
Yes, I found that. Saying words like "damn" are not, however, addressed by that information at all. What about words that are worse than that? What about biological pictures for the purpose of anatomy? What about political hate sites?
I know the guidelines were a bit more adequate than that comment from the FAQ, but, as I said, the links to that information no longer work.
From the BbFAQ
I want to have Adult (X-Rated) Content on my boards, is that against your TOU?
Yes, we lock any BbBoard found to have Adult content or that host links to Warez sites/ftps. We do not allow anything X-rated because minors, 13 and over use our boards and we expect our BbBoard owners to understand that if it is not fit to show your mother or a teenager then it is not fit to have on your BbBoard.
The moderators and admins of my boards are in the middle of a discussion on board policy concerning language filters and so on. It was mentioned that the reason for the PG-13 standard on our boards is a direct result of the ToU of Bbboy, however, every link I've searched for and found for the ToU no longer actually links to the information.
Powered By BbBoard V1.4.2
people online in the last 15 minutes - 0 members, 0 anon and 0 guests. (Most ever was 129 at 22:49:41 Fri Oct 4 2002)|
© 2001-2007 BbBoy.net