Jun 6 2004
I am having a few problems that I cannot seem to fix...
1. My board is paid as a variable plan and we are always getting pop-ups!
2. When an administrative change is made I am not receiving any email to confirm
3. The siggy's and avatars are not changing, well it takes like 3 days for a change to take place!
Thanks in advance for you help!
Jun 6 2004
Do you get pop ups on the board's main page or a particular thread or something? I've just visited your board but didn't recieve any pop ups
Do you host any of your boards images on websites instead of in your boards File Hosting? If so, sometimes websites will throw a pop up at a URL when an image is loaded
If your board is on the variable plan, you might want to check your computer for scumware, which can "mess" with your browser, and cause you to see popups when the page you're loading doesn't actually have popups on it.
Sometimes ISPs or other Email providers like Hotmail have a spam filter that emails get caught up in Have you checked your junk(bulk) email folder (if you have one)? Also, If you're using hotmail they no longer allow HTML emails - you can either forward that email to another account you have somewhere that does allow HTML email or change the style of email from HTML to text in your settings in your User CP.
Jun 6 2004
1. I have a block pop-up on my computer I will have to check with the members on the board, they told me about that....I will get back to you...
2. I use to receive admin confirmation emails all the time and then it just stopped? I have AOL and I check my spam folder and the emails are never there either? One time I changed the email to another member who does not have AOL or hotmail and she didnt receive it either????
3. How come it takes so long? Also one girl just tried changing it and it still didnt change?
I will let you know about the first item! Thanks again!
Jun 8 2004
Jun 12 2004
Can you see if the emails are going to the previous email address you had before we changed it for you? If so we need a copy of one with full headers so we can check into this for you.
Jun 15 2004