Woohoo! *Doing the Happy Bear dance* I can hardly wait! I know it's going to be just as great as these boards are! And of course I'm full of questions!
You said both public and private rooms will be available so now I'm wondering,
1. If we set up a private room, can non registered members still use it? (I have a lot of regular visitors to my board but not all of them register and most of these already frequent the parachat room I have set up and linked on my board)
2. If they do have to register on the board, will that same password be their password for the chatroom? Or can they register for just the chat room?
3. Will we be able to customize the backgrounds, fonts, etc? Or will it be a default color ?
4. Admin controls- I have a co-admin that does fine on the boards, but there's no way I'd let her moderate a chat room, (and frankly I have a bunch of people that would stop using the chat room if she were a moderator) and people who would be willing to moderate the chat room but I wouldn't want them to have controls on the board. Will we be able to assign moderators strictly for the chatroom? (This is really important to me.)
Will we be able to mute and/or kick? Ban users? Lock (or close) and unlock the rooms? Ignore users?
5. Will we be able to use actions (/me throws a water balloon) ?
6. Can we use Chat room specific smileys
instead of keystrokes?
7. Will you be able to see a list of everyone in the room?
8. How many people will be able to be in the room at one time?
9. Have a pvt. chat between users?
10. Chat message transcripts? Printable? (not important just curious, cut and paste works fine for me)
LOL, I guess that's enough for now.