Healing Narcissism and Disorders of the Self Community Rules rev. February 1, 2008
Dear Members and Guests,
Welcome to the Healing Narcissism and Disorders of the Self online support community. We are a grassroots community of persons experiencing difficulties with Narcissistic Personality Disorder and related emotional disturbances. We offer online support to persons seeking healing by working to be finders of love and by living in the current moment. Please take a moment to read the guidelines for participating in our community before joining one of our discussions. If you have questions please contact us at: email@example.com
Our community is part of a service network hosted by Best Boy . Registration in our community implies acceptance of Best Boy�s Terms of Service agreement in addition to accepting our guidelines. Healing Narcissism and Disorders of the Self is obligated to report anyone who violates the Best Boy Terms of Service agreement. If you are found to be in overt violation you risk disqualification from our community in addition to a possible global ban that will prevent you from participating in any forum hosted on the Best Boy Network.
Healing Narcissism and Disorders of the Self is guided by the twelve principles of Attitudinal Healing. Our community provides a service to persons experiencing NPD, narcissistic traits and related emotional disturbances, as well as family & friends of persons affected by these disorders. Our objective is to offer a community where all our members feel safe to share openly without threat of retribution, judgment, discrimination, or prejudice of any kind. If any person believes that they have been treated in a manner other then our stated guidelines we ask that you work to resolve the problem either by contacting a member of our Steering Committee directly, or contact us via email.
We understand and appreciate that our members and guests have experienced trauma in their lives and may be feeling periods of intense anger, rage, sadness, depression, anxiety and other emotions. Allowances are made for expression of pain as long as we do not lose sight of the big picture, which is healing. If you find yourself in disagreement with someone we encourage you NOT to respond in the heat of the moment: walk away from the computer, talk a walk, exercise, meditate, or play with your pets. While you are away ask yourself why a message is upsetting to you. Try and see how love is the essence of the person who wrote the message and ask yourself how you can respond from a position of love. Make every effort to reply from a position of love, compassion and empathy rather than the Ego�s preferred state of anger or hurt.
You must be a registered member of the Healing Narcissism community in order to participate in our community except for the following: guests may start threads in the Friends & Family forum, guests may reply to threads in the Attitudinal Healing forum. Please note that your ISP is recorded with all messages and that guests who overtly disregard our guidelines may be disqualified from participation in our community.
Healing Narcissism and Disorders of the Self believes in free speech and will protect a members right to express themselves as long as they do not harm others in the process. We ask members to agree to the following guidelines in all interaction within our community (support forums, chatroom, and private messages).
1. Please do not contribute messages which contain threats against ANYONE, promote any criminal activity, are racially or sexually offensive or abusive. Disregarding this condition is a violation of the Best Boy Terms of Service and will likely result in your disqualification from any forum hosted through the Best Boy Network.
2. Please do not include private information about other people that can be used to easily locate the identity of any other person. This includes names, phone numbers, addresses, places of employment and various other documents routinely deemed private. Such information will be deleted by a member of our Steering Committee and could affect your status in our community.
3. Please do not post messages designed to slander another person.
4. Please be respectful of all our members healing by not referring to people suffering from NPD as evil. We ask that you refer to those suffering from NPD as NPDers, or human beings suffering from NPD, or a variation along these terms.
5. Please do not engage in any form of acting out (including but not limited to flame wars, and trolling designed to offend members of this community).
6. Please respect the boundaries of all persons in this community. If someone asks you not to send private messages or emails you are expected to comply. Please contact a member of our Steering Committee if you believe a member of guest is intentionally violating boundaries you have established in this regard.
7. Please do not spam or flood this community with unsolicited messages such as get rich quick, prescription drugs, sexual adventures, or anything else a demented mind might dream up. This includes private messages and email! Anyone who spams this or any community associated with the Best Boy Network is in violation of the Terms of Service and will be reported by the Steering Committee.
8. Please do not advertise any resources or represent them as being affiliated with the Healing Narcissism community without consent in advance from the Steering Committee. Any advertisement or resource not cleared through the SC will be deleted and the person who posted the message may face disqualification from further participation in this community.
9. Please limit yourself to no more than six messages a day within this community.
10. Please do not cross post (post the same message in more than one forum).
We believe that these guidelines will help make this community safe and supportive for everyone. One way members of the Steering Committee contribute to this community is by working to ensure these guidelines are followed. Many of these guidelines are subjective and open to various interpretations. We�ll do our best to use the principles of Attitudinal Healing in our interpretations. Please remember that members of the Steering Committee are not perfect, we are flawed members of the walking wounded similar to our members and guests. We are striving to do our best in a particular moment in time..
At this time we are not setting black and white cause and effect terms for what course of action may be taken by the Steering Committee in case of disruption of these guidelines (with certain exceptions noted above). Each situation will be viewed individually and we�ll do our best to respond in a way which reflects love for the common good of this community.
Persons who disrupt our community by not following these guidelines may receive a caution either in the form of email or private message, be disqualified from posting in or viewing one or more of our forums, or be disqualified temporarily or permanently from participation in our community. It is a fair assumption that repeated disruptions will result in potentially more severe consequences.
Thank you for your interest in the Healing Narcissism and Disorders of the Self online support community. We look forward to hearing from you as you make your way forward in the journey toward healing.
All of us within the Healing Narcissism and Disorders of the Self online support community.
*note: updates by JR, username Healing_NPD [3 edits; Last edit by jebel_subh at 04:45:01 Tue Jan 29 2008]