V2 Questions, please help us decide...
http://bb.bbboy.net/support-viewthread?forum=1&thread=5073
Powered By BbBoard - http://bb.bbboy.net

Magnolia_Momma
02:44:05 Fri
Apr 2 2004
V2 Questions, please help us decide...
I have a bunch of questions we're debating between boards and the new bv2 bboards are offering.

offers these (except side bars) and more but they're double in price....

Are we able to customize (backgrounds/colors/themes) in EACH forum, like we can on our current bboards?

will we be able to add sidebars?

Will we able to access members avatars/signatures to HELP THEM?

Will we be able to decide the length of TIME users are able to edit their OWN posts? for example, set it to only alow them to edit for 10 minutes.

Will we be able to change members' user names w/out making them REregister?

Will we be able to pre-register members?

Will we be able to allow users to pick from different themes/skins?

Will we have a "view new posts" option where we can see a list *IN ORDER* from newest to oldest of the new threads since our last visit (NOT LIKE "view active threads" )



Thanks for helping me make this decision, and if this is posted in the wrong forum, I apologize....and can you notify me if its moved so I can check back?

:thankyou:



Magnolia_Momma
02:47:43 Fri
Apr 2 2004
Re: V2 Questions, please help us decide...
It cut out a specific "word" in my post..I understand why....oops...sorry.....umm...Im sure the point is understood though, anyway, if not for some reason, can someone pm me...thanks! :biggrin:

Nickdisk
03:04:05 Fri
Apr 2 2004
Re: V2 Questions, please help us decide...
Quote:

Are we able to customize (backgrounds/colors/themes) in EACH forum, like we can on our current bboards?
Yep :smile: bbV2 gives admins the ability to create templates for each individual page, as well as seperate forums or the whole board :smile: You can also edit every color, font and image you can see

Quote:

will we be able to add sidebars?


Yep :smile: You can edit the boards HTML template in the 'Templates' screen :smile:

Quote:

Will we able to access members avatars/signatures to HELP THEM?


Yep :smile:

Quote:

Will we be able to decide the length of TIME users are able to edit their OWN posts? for example, set it to only alow them to edit for 10 minutes.


I'm not positive, but i don't theres a way to do that at the moment, but you can suggest it in the bbV2 Suggestions Forum :smile:

Quote:

Will we be able to change members' user names w/out making them REregister?


Yep :smile: Members can edit their own usernames :smile:

Quote:

Will we be able to pre-register members?


Yep :smile: Admins can register multiple new users at once :smile:

Quote:

Will we be able to allow users to pick from different themes/skins?


Yep :smile:

Quote:

Will we have a "view new posts" option where we can see a list *IN ORDER* from newest to oldest of the new threads since our last visit (NOT LIKE "view active threads" )


Yep :smile:

Magnolia_Momma
03:06:33 Fri
Apr 2 2004
Re: V2 Questions, please help us decide...
:clap:

thanks so much for the speedy reply!!!



Nickdisk
03:12:20 Fri
Apr 2 2004
Re: V2 Questions, please help us decide...
Your very welcome, Magnolia_Momma :smile:

BbBoy has set up a Demo V2 board Click here :smile:



V2 Questions, please help us decide...
http://bb.bbboy.net/support-viewthread?forum=1&thread=5073
Powered By BbBoard - http://bb.bbboy.net