TheWhiteStuff Community Centre :: Health and Problems :: Grade 2 mast cell tumour
Who's Online :: Stats :: Memberlist :: Top Posters :: Search



Welcome, Register :: Log In Welcome to our newest member, ruby_and_dexter.
Users active in this forum:
Users active in this thread:

people online in the last 10 minutes - 0 members, 0 anon and 0 guests. (Most ever was 54 at 22:10:24 Wed Nov 21 2012)

Pages: [ 1 ]

[ Notify ][ Print ][ Send To Friend ] [ Watch ] [ < ] [ > ]

HARIBOH
07:34:25 Wed
May 11 2011

Offline
278 posts
Boxer Addict


Mood Now: Loopy

Reply
Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Keasha got a wee lump cut out on friday from her back leg and the results came back last night....she had a grade 2 mast cell tumour :crying:

We have to take her backl next Monday then a week after that to get the stitched out.

He is getting in touch with the specialist that tested the lump to get us an appointment...but thinks it will take about a month.... so we now have to play the waiting game to get more tests done on her.

Because of the area on her leg he has took as much extra away that he could possibly take so finger crossed he has got it all :luck:

Shona x



---
 
 
sandyc
19:20:33 Wed
May 11 2011

Offline
1021 posts
Top Boxer


Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

So sorry they found cancer.I so hope Keasha will be alright and not have anymore tumors found.
It certainly seems our boxer babies are prone to this.Keeping you all,in my thoughts and prayers.

  
Polo123
19:40:27 Wed
May 11 2011

Offline
1601 posts
Mod


Mood Now: Loopy

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Fingers crossed for Keasha :luck:



---



My Photobucket
 
 
SashasMum
16:42:42 Thu
May 12 2011

Offline
4352 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Tired

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Big hugs and keeping my fingers crossed for Keasha xx

  
Katiesnowflake
21:49:54 Fri
May 13 2011

Offline
2242 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Dazzled

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Awh bless the poor wee girl. I do hope it all goes okay for her. Sending healing your way

xx



---
www.freewebs.com/velvetboxers/
Home of the White Boxer Dog Club

 
 
BoxerMad
15:13:19 Sun
May 15 2011

Offline
1156 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Thrilled

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Really sorry to hear about Keasha's lump.

I hope once you get to see the specialist they are able to give you some better news.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both you and Keasha - can't imagine how hard the waiting must be.

:bighug:



---
Caroline, Henry Monster, Bustaroo, Pepsi and the not forgotten Tia baby & Kirei xxxx


 
 
Squeezeboxplayer
18:29:32 Thu
May 19 2011

Offline
598 posts
Boxer Maniac


Mood Now: Optimistic

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

How are things doing? Can I ask what it looked like when you first noticed it? Gix has a lump that we showed the vet - normally it would be removed as he's a Boxer but because of his heart they want to wait to see what happens. It is pea sized and black but I think it's getting a bit bigger.



---
 
 
HARIBOH
18:38:46 Thu
May 19 2011

Offline
278 posts
Boxer Addict


Mood Now: Loopy

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Shes fine...its taking a while to heal though because she found a way to get to it it using the edge of the lampshade collar...little ratbag..shes back next monday hopefully to get stitches out...im trying to be as positive as possible but the vet mentioned radiotherapy and amputation on monday...so he kinda freaked me out...we wont know anything til the oncologist looks at what was cut away... i would have thought they would just have done that when it was sent in to be tested in the first place but seemingly not they wait and see whether we want it done first as it must be expensive?

The lump originally looked like an insect bite then got kinda warty looking but it wasn't black more pinky red so try not to worry too much.... could it be a mole perhaps?

Shona x



---
 
 
jilldemo
19:01:25 Fri
May 20 2011

Offline
2122 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Lonely

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Good to hear, I like a positive note for going on with.



---
Daz Photobucket
Archie Photobucket
 
 
BoxerMad
07:24:36 Sat
May 21 2011

Offline
1156 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Thrilled

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Glad to hear she is doing okay. try not to worry too much (I know that it's hard not to), hopefully they got it all and there will be no need for any further treatment. :bighug:



---
Caroline, Henry Monster, Bustaroo, Pepsi and the not forgotten Tia baby & Kirei xxxx


 
 
Katiesnowflake
01:07:15 Sun
May 22 2011

Offline
2242 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Dazzled

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Any news? Hugs to you all.




---
www.freewebs.com/velvetboxers/
Home of the White Boxer Dog Club

 
 
HARIBOH
19:53:26 Wed
May 25 2011

Offline
278 posts
Boxer Addict


Mood Now: Loopy

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

It is rather complicated.... the test done on the tumour put her in the following category... 95% chance of the tumour not spreading 5% chance it will....he did say however that she only made it into this category by 0.14% had she been in the other category the odds drastically change to 45% chance of the tumour not spreading 55% chance it will.


So...the options are radiotherapy...amputation or leave her as she is and keep an eye on her... only thing is leave her and it spreads it will almost certainly go to the lymph nodes or internal organs as they have better blood supply.

I have decided to leave her as she is....and the vet agrees ...there is no way i can get her leg amputated on the percentages he has given me.

Who knows ..i might live to regret it if it spreads but i cant bring myself to something so invasive to an otherwise healthy...well looked after and much loved member of the family.

Fingers crossed i have made the right decision...she is back in a month to get her wound checked and then 3 months after that.

Shona x



---
 
 
BoxerMad
20:24:48 Wed
May 25 2011

Offline
1156 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Thrilled

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

I think you have made the right choice. With those figures amputation seems a very drastic thing to do. The hardest thing to do when they are poorly is to maKe the decision about what to do. I changed my mind so many times with Henry, but our gut instinct was right and even if he doesn't have as much time ahead of him as we would like, just seeing him running around and playing tells us we did the right thing.
I am sure it will be the same for you and with such a good chance of it not recurring the future for Keasha looks very hopeful indeed.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you that she has many more problem free years ahead xXx



---
Caroline, Henry Monster, Bustaroo, Pepsi and the not forgotten Tia baby & Kirei xxxx


 
 
Polo123
18:29:54 Thu
May 26 2011

Offline
1601 posts
Mod


Mood Now: Loopy

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

I agree that amputation seems rather drastic :eek: fingers crossed that's everything's ok :luck:



---



My Photobucket
 
 
sandyc
19:30:22 Thu
May 26 2011

Offline
1021 posts
Top Boxer


Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Sure sounds like your doing the best thing.I cant imagine amputation with those numbers.Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

  
jilldemo
00:45:42 Fri
May 27 2011

Offline
2122 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Lonely

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

They rely on on us to do the best for them. Research is our greatest weapon.



---
Daz Photobucket
Archie Photobucket
 
 
Tazzys_mam
12:39:32 Sat
Jul 23 2011

Offline
26 posts
Newbie

Mood Now: Peaceful

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

My Taz had a mast cell Tumour on his right leg the vet removed it and he had to have a skin graft, we had 3 months of agony waiting to see if he would be ok and thankfully he has made a complete recovery :love:



---
Pat
 
 
HARIBOH
07:10:55 Wed
Jul 27 2011

Offline
278 posts
Boxer Addict


Mood Now: Loopy

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

Thats great news, keasha seems to be doing okay as well so fingers crossed for both our babies

Shona x



---
 
 
SashasMum
17:57:25 Wed
Jul 27 2011

Offline
4352 posts
Admin


Mood Now: Tired

Reply
Re: Grade 2 mast cell tumour

A friend of mine's boxer had a MCT and they were told it would likely come back, but it hasn't so far and we are 5 years down the line.

Glad Keasha is recovering well, I have to say I think I would have made the same decision you have xx

P.s. sorry for delay in replying, I really have been rubbish about things recently!

  

Pages: [ 1 ]

[ Notify ][ Print ][ Send To Friend ] [ Watch ] [ < ] [ > ]

  Register :: Log In

The time is now 07:34:33 Wed Oct 18 2017

Powered By BbBoard V1.4.2
© 2001-2007 BbBoy.net